Tampa Tech Scene a Magnet for IoT and Smart City Solutions
Senet recently announced it is expanding its public LoRaWAN network to cover over 1,600 square miles across Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties, including the cities of Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg.
Why the Tampa Metro area?
Tampa is one of the fastest growing technology centers in the U.S., with an ideal mix of industry, innovation and opportunity:
- Tampa is the 18th largest metropolitan area in the United States
- Over 25% of Florida’s tech jobs are located in Tampa
- More than 50 software and IT companies call Tampa home
- Tampa has the second largest manufacturing employment in Florida with more than 2,800 manufacturing firms
- Port Tampa Bay is the largest seaport in Florida - 5,000 acres and handling 34 tons of cargo per year
- The area is home to over 80 colleges, universities and technical schools
In fact, Forbes recently named Tampa as the top emerging technology city in the country, beating out rivals New York City, Miami, Austin, and San Francisco. According to Forbes:
“Tampa’s positioned to become one of the tech capitals of the American South in the coming decade."
Currently being built on a rolling schedule, this network will be the largest and densest metropolitan deployment of public carrier-grade LoRaWAN connectivity in North America, providing capacity to support millions of IoT device connections from over 80 planned tower sites.
Connectivity is available now for use in both pilots and commercial applications and is currently being used for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) deployments by regional water utilities.
Become a Senet Innovation Partner
Senet is working with leaders in municipal services, smart buildings, economic development and urban sustainability to help realize the full potential of IoT across the region.
If you are interested in collaborating with Senet on IoT ecosystem development and application deployment in the Tampa Bay Metro Region can contact Senet GO HERE or call +1 877-807-5755.