The Smart Cities Council is seeking a Partnership Engagement Associate to expand its engagement with some of the most influential companies in the world today as we aim to make the world a more livable, workable, and sustainable place for all residents.
Introduction to the Smart Cities Council
Join the Smart Cities Council, where you can interact daily with cities and companies that are seeking to change the world!
The Council draws on best practices and scientific expertise from its extensive network of companies and expert advisors. Together, the Council’s member companies employ well over 1,500,000 people in 150+ countries. Over the past five years, they have completed more than 10,000 smart city projects all over the world.
In 2017, the Council’s Readiness Program educated city leaders in metropolitan regions with over 69 million residents in the US, 33 million residents in India and almost one million residents in Australia. Our 2018 goal is to expand our reach globally.
The Smart Cities Council is headquartered in Reston, VA with regional councils in Australia New Zealand, Europe, India and North America. The Council works virtually across multiple time zones and locations, encouraging a strong team culture using Agile and Scrum methodologies to prioritize and complete projects.
Managing the Council’s pipeline of prospects and members on a day to day basis, the Associate will assist in finding prospects and retaining existing members, reporting to Executive Director of Partner Engagement/Director of Partner Engagement.
As Community Program Associate your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to all sales and business development inbound communication and manage outbound communications using Council Gmail and Salesforce.
- Curating and managing all sales and business development collateral.
- Helping to coordinate On-boarding from sales to account management.
- Manage launch activities with new members, including coordinating conference calls and emails.
- Providing sales support to retain members.
- Providing research to help active sales team and management engagement plans.
- Identifying new potential members and setting meetings for the Executive Director.
- Nurturing member relationships through regular communication.
- Understanding Council initiatives to maximize partner satisfaction.
- Tracking partner engagement activities/metrics using account management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, political science, program.management, or a combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe content development applications.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other similar customer relationship management tools.
- Polished communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability and aptitude to pursue several tasks in parallel; prioritize; handle tight deadlines; and expand the scope of work and responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of sales principles.
- While most work is virtual, preference would be given to candidates in the Washington DC Metro area.
Salary: This is a full time employment position and Smart Cities Council offers competitive compensation, based on qualifications and experience, with opportunities for career development. The Smart Cities Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.
Responding to this opportunity: We do not accept phone calls about open positions. If you are interested in this position, please contact email@example.com and send (i) cover letter expressing why your experience is relevant to the Council’s mission and (ii) resume