The second half of 2016 was a busy time for SCCANZ, helping build capacity and sharing experiences from the global smart cities movement. We presented extensively around Australia and published articles throughout multiple platforms. Check out what we've been saying.
What we’ve been talking about...
- “Smart Cities: A Framework for Unlocking Growth & Prosperity” - Wanneroo Jobs Summit, City of Wanneroo, WA
- “Accelerating Sustainability using a Smart Cities Framework” - Smart City Symposium, Hong Kong
- “Place Convergence: What the Smart Cities Movement Means for City-Builders” - International Urban Design Conference, Canberra
- “Streets: The Smart Cities Trojan Horse” - Streets 2.0 Forum, Sydney
- “Exploring Smart Cities of the Future” - Huawei Innovation Day, Sydney
- “Australia’s Smart Cities Opportunity” - Property Council of Australia Mega Trends Luncheon, Perth
- “Fostering Innovation, Economic Development & Creativity through Smart Cities” - Queensland Infrastructure Projects Conference, Brisbane
- “Building Smart Precincts” - EcoDistricts Summit, Denver Colorado
- “Global Smart Cities Open for Business” - Smart Cities Week, Washington DC
- “Growing a Local Smart Cities Ecosystem” - Brisbane Development Association Partners Briefing, Brisbane
…and we wrote about the following
- Dear Net Zero: A Letter from the Smart Cities Movement, The Fifth Estate
- Field Notes: A Report Out from the Smart Cities Expo World Congress
- Data Driven Cities a Key to UN Habitat III New Urban Agenda, The Fifth Estate
- The Smart Cities Framework behind Australia’s newest Town Centre, Sourceable
- If Smart Cities is the Answer, What was the Question?
- Time to Get Smart: Smart Cities and the Circular Economy, FM Magazine
- A Dispatch from DC: Smart Cities Week, and what it means for Australia, The Fifth Estate