Murat Balcioglu, Country Director for Smart Cities Council Turkey, is coordinating efforts to provide relief to those affected by the two devastating 7.7 and 7.6 magnitude earthquakes in Kahramanmaraş.
- Affected Cities : 10
- Affected Population : 13 million
- Current Deads : 32,000
- Current Wounded : 81,000
- Current Evacuation : 190,000
- Current Heavy Damaged Buildings : 42,000
What We Are Doing
- Raising Awareness
- Bringing Stakeholders together
- Supporting with the provision of funds, food, clothing, heating, medical equipment and cleaning materials
In the short term, we are planning support to be provided in the first phase (food, clothes, medical, heating, cleaning materials, mobile toilets). Further, we are planning what kind of support and resources will be needed in the future and bringing stakeholders together for organised and effective support.
We will then be moving to contribute towards the creation of temporary or permanent places for people to live and contributing towards the understanding and creation of “earthquake safe” cities.
Who We Are Supporting
Who Is Supporting Us
Private Companies, Charitable Associations, Charitable People, Customers