The Smart Cities Council launched the Smart Cities Academy to support the diverse professional development needs of the growing smart cities marketplace.
Gain recognition for your knowledge of key smart and sustainable cities concepts, and be rewarded for your ongoing contribution to the industry.
Hear from the experts themselves - recent Smart City Practitioner Certificate recipients.
The Smart Cities Practitioner Certificate
- Provided on successful completion of assessment items in Foundation/Catalyst modules
- Available as a Digital Certificate (PDF) Accompanied with a logo for practitioner use to identify/promote their credential
- Promoted globally, with credentialed practitioners listed on the SCC website
- A symbol of an individual's commitment to advancing more livable, workable, and sustainable communities.
What to Expect
The current Practitioner Certificate Foundation Course is delivered online as an intensive 1-day virtual session, structured in three sessions.
FOUNDATION MODULE 1: The Fundamentals
The foundation knowledge on the what and why of smart cities.
FOUNDATION MODULE 2: Action Essentials
Knowledge and insights on building the conditions for smart cities’ success.
- Governance and Leadership
- Funding and Financing
- Capacity and Resourcing
- Project Creation
FOUNDATION MODULE 3: Elective
Participants will have the opportunity to choose from one of three choices for their third module. These options include:
- Data Leadership
- Data Activation
- The Sustainable Development Goals and Smart Cities
The Smart Cities Academy Practitioner Certificate
Participants who complete the foundation modules of the Smart Cities Academy will have the option of completing the relevant assessment items and if they achieve the minimum pass mark, will be awarded the Smart Cities Practitioner Certificate. To maintain the Smart Cities Practitioner Certificate, participants must complete 15hrs of continuing education per year from any mix of the following:
- Complete additional Future Cities Academy Modules
- Participate in SCC webinars/online sessions
- Participate in SCC Task Forces/ Communities of Practice
- Publish case studies on the SCC website
- Attend Smart Cities Week, or other SCC in-person events
- Share projects and plans on Smart Cities Activator.